The AOLbyPhone service has several features. Some key features are listed below:
- Listen and reply to your AOL email
- Filter spam mails by finding emails from a particular sender or from people you know
- Use the wake-up call service at no extra charge so that you don't miss important appointments
You can access the AOLbyPhone service from anywhere at any time! All you need is access to a telephone. Just call 1-800-AOL-1234 from your office, home, cell, pay phone, or neighbor's phone. The AOLbyPhone service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
How do I know that I have an email?
The easiest way is to set up your cell phone to alert you when you receive an important email. It only takes a minute.
- Set up your cell phone to receive alerts by going to AOL Keyword: My Alerts or alerts.aol.com/ar/alerts/index.ev?_w=wiz.clear&.
Note: You may also set up your mobile device on your AOLbyPhone Dashboard. Go to https://dashboard.voice.aol.com and click Settings. On the left panel, click the Voicemail link. Under Mobile Notifications, click Setup your mobile devices. Follow the on-screen instructions to register your mobile device.
- Enter the email addresses of people whose emails should alert your cell phone.
- Call 1-800-AOL-1234 to hear your email, when alerted.
Alternatively, you can call the service at any time if you are away from your computer.
How does the AOLbyPhone service help save time?
To save time with the AOLbyPhone service:
- Set up Quick Login numbers and Bypass the Pin. With Quick Login, you can log in using different phone numbers without entering the pin or registered phone number
- Enable the AOLbyPhone service for every screen name on your account. This will help you check emails from all your screen names. Just say "switch screen name," and then check your emails from any screen name
- Avoid spam mails. Just say "People I Know," or "Find email by Sender" to eliminate emails from people you don't know
- Interrupt the AOLbyPhone service at any time
- Say "Main Menu" at any time to return to the main menu
- Say "Repeat" to repeat the information you just heard
- Send alerts to your cell phone about important emails.
Note: You can be on time for appointments by using the Wake-Up Calls feature at no additional charge.
How do I pause the message that I am currently hearing?
You can say "Pause" at any time to pause the message you are currently hearing. You can start the message from where you left by pressing the start (*) key on your telephone.