Forget your AIM password? Need to change it real quick? No worries! AOL makes it relatively painless to change your password. Expand the heading for steps to either Change or Reset your password.
Changing your password
- Visit and sign in to https://password.aol.com with your Username or Email and Password.
- Answer your Account Security Question and click Continue.
- Click Change Your Password in the General Account Information section.
- Complete the form: Old Password, and New Password. Re-enter your new password to confirm. The strength indicator will let you know how strong your new password is. Click Save to finish the process.
Resetting your password
- Visit https://password.aol.com and click Forgot password?.
- Enter your Username or Email and then answer the CAPTCHA (enter the letters as you see them in order into the Your Answer field) and click Next.
Note: If you can't see the image clearly, click the Refresh button next to the Your Answer field. If you would like to hear the letters read aloud, click the Speaker button. If you need additional assistance, click the Question button.
- Click Account Security Question and answer the question presented to you.
- In addition, select either Account Holder or Personal Details and fill out the required information.
- Once you've filled out everything, click Next.
- Enter your new password into both fields provided and click Next.
- A confirmation page will appear. Your password is now reset. Click Done to continue or close your browser.