AIM 7 for Windows: Troubleshooting
AIM Invalid Password message
We're sorry that you're receiving an Invalid Password message when signing into AIM. To resolve this issue, please try the solutions given below in the order that they are listed.Solutions:
On the AIM sign-in screen, please verify whether you've entered your Username and password correctly. Ensure that @aol.com is not included in or along with your Username.
Checking your keyboard connection and restarting the computer will ensure that the keyboard is plugged in properly and that the computer is correctly recognizing the keyboard.
To check your keyboard connection and restart the computer
1. Shut down your computer:
2. Unplug the keyboard cord.
3. Wait for about 30 seconds.
4. Plug in the keyboard cord.
5. Turn on your computer.
Using your keyboard with another program will help you verify whether the keyboard is working properly.
To test the keyboard with another program:
1. Click Start, select All Programs or Programs, select Accessories, and then click Notepad.
2. Type your password in the notepad window that opens.
3. Verify that your password is displayed correctly.
Note: If no text or incorrect text appears, the issue might be with your keyboard. You can either use another keyboard or contact the computer manufacturer for further assistance. Please refer to the documentation that came with your hardware for contact information.
4. Click the File menu, and then click Exit.
5. Click No.
You can reset your AIM password by following these instructions: How do I change my AIM password?
|About this article:|
|Last updated: 06-10-2014|
|© 2013 AOL Inc.|