You can easily archive your instant messages (IMs) with AIM.
To archive your IMs:
1. At the top of your Buddy List window, click Options or Menu (depending on which version of AIM 7 you're using) and then click Settings.
2. Click IM Archives.
3. Select the desired option(s), and then click Save.
- By default, all your archived IMs are stored in the My Documents folder. If you'd like to change the location, on the Settings - IM Archives window, click Browse, navigate to the desired folder, and then click OK. You may also create a new folder by clicking the Make New Folder button.
- To delete your archived IMs, on the Settings - IM Archives window, click Clear All Archives, and then click Delete Archives to confirm the deletion. Click Save.
- To view IM Archives, on the Settings - IM Archives window, click View Archives. This opens the IM logs window. Double-click a Username to open the archived IM conversations with that buddy.
Back to Top