AOL Computer Checkup FAQs
AOL Computer Checkup FAQs
AOL Computer Checkup enhances your computer’s performance by helping your PC run faster, updating your drivers, improving your hard drive performance and recovering deleted data. For more information about AOL Computer Checkup, please read below:
If you would like to sign up for AOL Computer Checkup, follow the directions below:
1. Visit the AOL Computer Checkup detail page.
2. Click TRY IT FREE.
3. If you are a returning customer, select I am a returning customer and click Continue. If requested, sign in with your Username or Email and Password.
Note: If you are a new customer, select I am a new customer and click Continue. Then enter your Email Address, Confirm Email Address, Password, Retype Password, First Name and Last Name and click Next.
4. Select your method of payment. If you have not provided your payment information, please do so:
5. Review your billing information and click Place Order.
6. The Checkout Order Confirmation screen will display containing your billing information and order summary. Click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions to begin using your product.
Additionally, an email from Lifestore or one of our partners confirming your order will be sent to your email account. If you’d like to begin using the product at a later time, just sign in to your email account, locate the AOL Computer Checkup email and follow the on-screen instructions to get started.
Note: If you’d like assistance downloading the software, check out our help article How do I download AOL Computer Checkup?
After installation, AOL Computer Checkup will prompt you to perform a quick scan of your PC. Simply click Start one-click checkup. During its initial scan, AOL Computer Checkup gathers information to determine your computer’s current health and areas where it needs improvement. You will only see this screen the first time you run AOL Computer Checkup.
If you choose to scan your computer at a later time, please review the steps below to scan your PC with AOL Computer Checkup.
To begin using AOL Computer Checkup:
1. Open AOL Computer Checkup.
2. Select Quick Scan or Deep Scan and then click Scan Now.
3. Once the scan is complete, click Optimize.
4. Once your computer is optimized, you can review your PC Health and elect to do further action by selecting the tab corresponding to your computer's PC Health statuses. For example, in the PC Health window below, AOL Computer Checkup suggested Disk Cleaner 17 Remaining. You can then click Disk Optimizers to access the Disk Cleaner.
You can download AOL Computer Checkup on one computer per subscription. If you have purchased Computer Checkup Family you will be able to download AOL Computer Checkup on up to three computers per subscription.
Note: If you'd like to download AOL Computer Checkup on more than one computer, you'll need to purchase Computer Checkup Family.
Given below are the minimum system requirements for AOL Computer Checkup to work on your PC.
AOL Computer Checkup offers many enhanced and unique features to help keep your computer in shape. To learn more about these features, please refer to our help page Features and Benefits.
1. Open the Computer Checkup application.
2. Click Help, and then click About. You’ll see a window that displays the version of Computer Checkup you have.
To upgrade to the newest version of AOL Computer Checkup, check out our help article Upgrade to the Latest Version of AOL Computer Checkup.
AOL Computer Checkup improves your computer optimizer. It provides enhanced features such as Security & Privacy, Backup & Recovery, Disk Optimizers, Windows Optimizers, Registry Cleaner, and other utilities.
For comprehensive AOL Computer Checkup online help, check out our help article AOL Computer Checkup Help or contact technical support at 1-888-847-3541.
Note: We offer technical support only for the AOL Computer Checkup. Refer to How do I know what version of AOL Computer Checkup I have? if you're unsure of which version of AOL Computer Checkup you have.
Billing will begin automatically at the end of your trial period.
To view billing information/history:
1. Visit myaccount.aol.com and sign in with your master Username or Email and Password.
2. Enter the answer to your Account Security Question and click Continue.
3. Under Account Options, click View My Statements.
4. Select the Billing Statement tab to view the billing history for your account.
For questions regarding your billing information, contact us on 1-866-485-9225 from 8AM-1AM EST, Monday through Friday, and from 8AM-10PM EST on Saturday.
|How do I download AOL Computer Checkup?|
How do I sign up for AOL Computer Checkup?
|About this article:|
|Last updated: 01-28-2014|
|© 2013 AOL Inc.|