Do you want access to all the cool stuff on AOL Kids? Even if your mom or dad don’t already have an AOL account for you, it’s really easy to register. You will need their help for the last couple steps, though, so make sure they’re nearby!
Register for AOL Kids
1. Go to the AOL Kids website.
2. Click on Sign In / Register in the upper right corner of the homepage.
3. If you already know your AOL Username and password, you can use them to sign on. Don’t have a Username yet? We can help you think of one! Click Get a Username.
4. Type a Username in the Username text box. Don’t be afraid to get creative!
5. Enter a password between six and eight characters long that you’ll remember but no one else will know. To make your password even trickier for other people to figure out, make sure it has at least one uppercase letter and one number.
6. Select your birth month, day and year from the drop-down menus.
7. Click the circle next to your gender – Girl or Boy.
8. Pick a question from the Question to Help Protect Your Account drop-down menu and type the answer in the box next to Answer to the Question.
9. Type in your Zip code (the five-digit number at the end of your address).
10. Click Continue.
11. These next steps are for your mom, dad or guardian. Once they’re at the computer, click OK, I have my parent and we are ready to continue.
12. Read over our note to you about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) and then click Agree.
13. Provide a valid credit card and credit card number, expiration date and Zip code for your billing address so we can confirm you are an adult aware of your child’s new free AOL Kids account. (To read more about why we need your credit card and our compliance with COPPA, read the online help article Why do I need to provide a credit card for an AOL Kids account?) Then please provide your email address and click Submit.