AOL Travel FAQs
AOL Travel FAQs
AOL Travel helps you to navigate the ins and outs of your travel plans, including bookings and arrangements with airlines, hotels, car rentals and more. Our content is fact-checked, time-sensitive and updated hourly. The following are just a few examples of how we can assist you:
Airline information: This section provides general information that will assist you with airline phone numbers, airport check-In, identification and travel documents, traveling with children and senior citizens, unaccompanied minor and companion fares, special services for the disabled and traveling with pets.
Vacation packages: Our vacation packages give you access to special rates available only when you book your flight and hotel at the same time. You also have complete access to schedules, fares and availability information for more than 700 airlines, rooms at thousands of hotels worldwide and rental cars from all the major agencies.
Cruises and international travel: We make it easy for you to travel abroad by providing you with the information you need to know before, during and after your trip. Examples of information we cover include: country-specific information, Homeland Security, international travel with children under the age of 16, passport and visa requirements and a listing of U.S. embassies, consulates and diplomatic missions.
Change of plans: We know that plans can change and sometimes it is necessary to cancel them. AOL Travel simplifies this process for you by providing easy-to-access information on how to change or cancel reservations. Simply contact us at Customer Care:
1. Go to the AOL Travel homepage and look under the heading Need Help with your Reservation? located on the right-hand side of the page.
2. Click on the View frequently asked questions link.
3. The Customer Support page will open in a new window.
4. In the center of the page under Top Searches, you will see the If your plans change box, where a list of options will appear.
Click on the selection that best fits your situation. If your situation is not listed, please contact us by clicking the email icon in the Contact Us section, or click on the telephone icon to call us.
There are two ways to book your travel with us:
1. Go to Become an AOL traveler and complete the brief sign-up form.
2. Call our toll-free phoneline: 877-439-0277.
To search for flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacations:
1. Go to the AOL Travel homepage.
2. In the Book A Trip box near the top of the page on the right, enter the cities you want to travel between, then click the Search button.
You can find additional search options by clicking the More options link next to the Search button.
Oftentimes you’ll find an interesting article but you don’t have the time to read it that minute. For the on-the-go user who requires a printed copy, AOL provides you the option of printing the article directly from the article page.
To print an article:
To print an article, click on the printer icon above or below the article. This will take you directly to a Print window that displays your printer options. Follow the on-screen instructions to print from your chosen printer.
To print an article in a larger text size:
If you’d like to print an article in a larger text size, click the A text size icon to the size of your liking and then click the printer icon. This will take you directly to a Print window that displays your printer options. Follow the on-screen instructions to print from your chosen printer. The article will print in your chosen text size. For more information, please see the online help article How do I increase an article's text size?
AOL Travel's original content comes from both Huffington Post Travel and Gadling, two editorial staffs that are comprised of experts in the travel industry from around the world. Each has their own first-hand knowledge of how to get the most out of your travel plans and how to have the best traveling experience.
The articles and commentary provided by AOL Travel writers are unsolicited and are not for sale.
Yes, you can, and we encourage and appreciate your feedback. To submit your questions and comments, please do the following:
1. Click on the Send us feedback link at the top of any page on our website. A new smaller window will open.
2. In the Tell Us What You Think text box, type any feedback you have for the site. If you’re having technical difficulties, please be as specific as possible.
3. Select Yes or No depending on whether you were successful in doing what you came to do.
4. Type your email address into the Email Address text box.
5. Click Submit.
|About this article:|
|Last updated: 06-19-2014|
|© 2013 AOL Inc.|