To perform an easy and effective search for homes on AOL Real Estate, in the search field labeled “Find Your Perfect Home,” type in a location (city, state or ZIP code) and click Search. Your initial results will most likely be very broad. We highly encourage you refine your search further to get the most relevant results.
You may use any one of the following options for refining your search to get the best results. For options that are selectable, the number of properties that have that option are displayed in parenthesis next to the option.
- Include Nearby Areas – Shows any nearby areas that you might want to include in your search. Based on ZIP code.
- Price Range – Allows you to set a custom price range by entering values in the fields provided. Once you have entered a price range, click Update to update the displayed property listings. Only property listings that fall in the specified range will display.
- Bedrooms – Allows you to select the amount of bedrooms you’re looking for in a house. Select from the available options. As soon as you select an option, the property listings will automatically update.
- Bathrooms – Allows you to select the amount of bathrooms you’re looking for in a house. Click the drop-down menu and select from the available options. As soon as you select an option, the property listings will automatically update.
- Property Status – This is set to the selection you initially made by default. You can select to filter Homes For Sale, New Homes, Foreclosures, Recently Sold or Not For Sale. Any changes/selections you make in this section will cause the property listing results to update automatically.
- Property Type – You can use the check boxes to filter through Single Family, Condo/Townhome/Row Home/Coop, Multi Family Home, (Mfd) Mobile, Farm/Ranches and Land. Any changes/selections you make in this section will cause the property listing results to update automatically.
- Listing Activity
- Property Features
- Square Feet – Allows you to set a custom square footage range by clicking to select on of the square footage ranges provided. Once you have selected a custom square footage range, click Update to update the displayed property listings. Only property listings that fall in the specified range will display. Check the Include unspecified check box to include any property listings that do not have square footage specified.
- Advanced Search – Advanced Search allows you to run a search using the filters above, but at once instead of customizing on the fly. select multiple criteria all from all the different facets all at once and perform a very targeted search without having to click each facet at once.
Searching for property listings using multiple ZIP codes
You can search for property listings using multiple ZIP codes on AOL Real Estate, so long as those ZIP codes border each other. To do so, please follow the instructions below:
1. Enter the initial ZIP code and click Submit.
2. Click Include Nearby Areas, found under Location on the left-hand side of the page. A list of nearby ZIP codes will display.
3. Select the ZIP codes you want to add to your search and click Search. Your search results will display property listings within the selected ZIP codes.