If you find that you are having a hard time applying to jobs that you are interested in, you may find the following instructions helpful.
Every job on CareerBuilder will look similar in its layout. We require employers to post certain information to ensure that you can apply to jobs easily. There should always be at least one application button located at the top and bottom of the job advertisement. To apply to a job, please follow the instructions below:
1. Visit AOL Jobs / My CareerBuilder.
2. Log in to your CareerBuilder account.
3. Click on Find a Job.
4. Search for and select a job you are interested in applying for.
5. Click Apply Now.
6. Complete the information presented on the page:
- First Name and Last Name - Enter your full name. Make sure the name entered here matches the name in your resume.
- Email Address - The potential employer will use this email address to contact you.
- Upload, Copy/Paste, Use a Saved Resume - Please attach your resume using the available options. You can choose a file to upload from your computer, copy and paste your resume directly into the field provided, or use an existing resume that you have saved on CareerBuilder.
- Include cover letter? - Check this option to use an existing cover letter you have saved on CareerBuilder or copy and paste into the available text field. Many employers appreciate or require a cover letter.
7. Click Send Application.
- The Apply Now button may also send you to a company's own website to apply for a job rather than using CareerBuilder's online application form. If this happens, you will no longer be within the CareerBuilder network. You'll need to follow the instructions on the company's website to continue applying for the job.
- Companies will occasionally.want to ensure job seekers meet certain requirements before they upload their resumes. You may be required to fill out a brief questionnaire before you can submit your application.
- Some jobs will have different methods to apply for a position. Click on Contact Info and follow the instructions, or use the contact information provided within the body or Contact Info section of the job advertisement.
Out of respect for the privacy of our job posters, CareerBuilder cannot disclose any information that companies choose not to post in their advertisements. In fact, CareerBuilder often does not have additional contact information to disclose.