AOL TechGuru FAQs
AOL TechGuru FAQs
AOL TechGuru is perfect for your mobile device, personal computer, or family. All you have to do is call and one of our technical experts, who will identify trouble spots; improve and enhance system performance; update operating systems and software; assist in setting up wireless connections; remove viruses; and fix system crashes by remotely accessing your computer via your internet connection. To learn more about what TechGuru has to offer, check out our frequently asked questions.
If you would like to sign up for any of TechGuru services, check out the directions below:
1. Visit the product's detail page:
2. Click PURCHASE NOW.
3. If you have an AOL account, click Sign in and get it now! If you do not have an AOL account, you can create one by entering your First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Confirm Email Password and Confirm Password.
4. If you have not provided your payment information, please do so:
5. If you have already provided your payment information, please select from the list of available options.
6. If you would like to pay using a new form of payment, please click Add New and follow the directions in step 4.
7. Review the Terms and Conditions and click PLACE ORDER.
8. The Order Confirmation screen will display, containing your Billing Confirmation and Order Summary.
9. Click Get Started Now!
10. Enter your Order Number and Email and then click Get My Order.
11. Review the Service Agreement, check the check box to accept the Terms and Conditions, and then click I Agree.
12. Click Connect.
13. Click Run.
14. Click Run again.
You will be connected to a TechGuru agent that will lead you through the remainder of the process.
TechGuru does not require a product to be downloaded. Instead, you will be asked to install a remote computer application that allows our technical experts to remotely access your computer via the internet. You’ll always be in control of the remote session and can remove the program after your issue is resolved.
Here is how TechGuru works:
1. Call. Phone one of our U.S.- and Canada-based tech gurus and describe the computer problem or assistance you need.
2. Connect. Our expert will guide you through a quick process to install software that enables our experts to remotely work on your computer over the internet.
3. Fix. Sit back, relax and watch while our tech guru takes care of your computer.
4. Disconnect. You control the connection between you and our tech guru. Once your computer has been fixed, simply disconnect the remote connection. For added security, our remote technology software automatically uninstalls from your computer.
The TechGuru service or subscription plan you purchased will determine the number of computers with which you can use TechGuru. If you forgot the service or subscription plan you purchased, go to myaccount.aol.com and sign in with your master Username or Email and Password, then type the answer to your Account Security Question and click Continue. Under Service Options, click Manage My AOL Account to view the TechGuru service package you purchased.
You will need a working internet connection (through dial-up, broadband or Wi-Fi connection) to receive TechGuru services. The Android Device Setup and Training, Apple Device Setup and Wireless Network Setup service plans will require Wi-Fi.
To view your computer’s compatibility with TechGuru services click the link below for the service you want. On the product detail page click the Specifications tab to check out that plan’s system requirements:
For a complete description of what TechGuru has to offer, please visit Lifestore and browse through the Computer Setup and Technical Support categories to view our TechGuru services and subscription plans.
If you need technical support, call 1-888-251-3457.
To view billing information/history:
1. Visit myaccount.aol.com and sign in with your master Username or Email and Password.
2. Enter the answer to your Account Security Question and click Continue.
3. Under Account Options, click View My Statements.
4. Select the Billing Statement tab to view the billing history for your account.
If you have questions about your billing information, call us at 1-866-485-9217 Monday through Friday between 8AM to 1AM ET, and Saturday between 8AM and 10PM ET.
Lifestore is a website that lets you browse, research and purchase AOL products. It also allows you to open and maintain an online account that helps you manage, add or cancel subscriptions to products. Please note that we may add, change or discontinue offers for products at any time. Check out the Lifestore Terms of Service for more information.
AOL Fulfillment Services is a subsidiary of the AOL Family that handles billing and customer service relationships with AOL’s third-party vendors. To find out more information, read About AOL Fulfillment Services.
|About this article:|
|Last updated: 07-02-2012|
|© 2013 AOL Inc.|