Your PRIVATE WiFi™ settings allow you to manage the following items:
- When to activate PRIVATE WiFi
- Changing the PRIVATE WiFi server
Viewing your PRIVATE WiFi settings
You can view your PRIVATE WiFi settings by right-clicking on the PRIVATE WiFi icon in your system tray, and then selecting Settings. The Basic settings screen appears.
The Basic settings screen contains the following fields:
- Load Private WiFi at computer startup: Select this checkbox if you want PRIVATE WiFi to activate when your computer is running. This setting is selected by default. For more information about activating and deactivating PRIVATE WiFi, see Loading, activating and deactivating PRIVATE WiFi™.
- Automatically Activate PRIVATE WiFi on: This drop-down menu contains three options:
- Unsecured WiFi connection: PRIVATE WiFi automatically starts only when you are accessing an unsecured wifi network. This setting is selected by default.
- Any Internet connection: PRIVATE WiFi automatically starts whenever you connect to the Internet.
- Never – activate manually: PRIVATE WiFi does not start automatically, only when you manually load and activate it.
After changing your basic settings, click Apply to apply them.
Click the Advanced tab to view the Advanced settings. The Advanced settings screen appears.
The Advanced settings screen contains the following fields:
- Firewall and Antivirus Filters: PRIVATE WiFi offers you additional protection with a free firewall and antivirus filter. This protection is turned on automatically. However, we strongly recommend that you use PRIVATE WiFi in conjunction with your computer’s firewall and antivirus software, which should always be activated and up-to-date.Change Location: This drop-down menu allows you to change the server location you are accessing. When you select a location using this menu, the Change Server menu is populated with the specific servers from the selected location.
- Change Server: This drop-down menu allows you to change the specific server you are accessing, which changes where websites think you are located. It also changes your IP address. By changing these things, you are enhancing your privacy and anonymity. The servers displayed in this menu are the specific servers in the location you selected in the Change Location menu. Click Apply after selecting a new server location. Click Set as default to set the currently selected location as your default location.
- Note: We have many servers located throughout the world. PRIVATE WiFi assigns these servers automatically, but you can use this menu to choose a different location if you wish.