Using the AOL App for iPad
Using the AOL App for iPad
The AOL App puts the online world at your fingertips.
Stay in the know with access to up-to-the-minute news, top videos and impactful stories from the editors of AOL.com. Plus, gain quick and easy access to your AOL Mail inbox, now optimized for iPad.
To Sign in to the AOL App for iPad with your AOL account:
1. Tap on the Settings icon in the top right corner of the home screen.
2. Select Sign In to AOL.
3. Enter your Username or Email, and Password.
You are now signed into the AOL App for iPad with your AOL account.
NOTE: To sign out, tap on the Settings icon and then select the Sign Out option.
To change news categories:
1. Tap on the customize button under the AOL logo in the top left corner. This will open our category panel.
2. Choose another news category to see stories assigned to that given category.
To customize the Featured News that appears on your home screen:
1. Tap on the customize button under the AOL logo in the top left corner to open the category panel.
2. Tap on the Settings icon next to the right of Featured News.
3. This will open a screen that allows you to highlight the news categories that you want to see added in with today's top stories.
NOTE: Categories turned on are blue; categories turned off are grey.
4. Once complete, tap Save Settings.
To refresh the news stream:
1. Swipe to the right until you have reached the first page of the news stream.
2. Swipe to the right again, this time pulling the page until you see the Pull To Refresh text.
3. A spinning icon will appear as your news stream refreshes.
To change the text size of an article, double tap on an article pages to zoom into the content.
Double tap again to zoom out.
Items saved for later are stored locally on your device.
NOTE: If you clear your cookies on your device, you risk clearing your stored data.
Unfortunately, some videos that are embedded in the article pages are not supported by iOS. If a video appears to be missing, or isn't playing full-screen, it is most likely due to this.
NOTE: You must be online to view videos on the AOL App for iPad.
To access AOL Mail on the AOL App for iPad:
1. Tap on the mail icon at the top right of the screen.
2. If you are already signed, you will see a preview with your most recent mail items.
NOTE: If you aren't already signed in to Mail, you will be asked to do so and will then be taken to your full mailbox.
3. Tap on View All on the bottom right of the preview to access your full Mail inbox.
NOTE: For more information on the AOL Mail Tablet experience, please read our AOL Mail Tablet FAQ.
If you are signed in to the AOL App, you will see your Mail count added to the AOL App icon on your home screen. This way you can keep track of how many emails are waiting for you even if you aren't currently using the App.
To change your weather location:
1. Tap on Edit Location at the bottom of the weather tile.
2. Enter your city, state or ZIP Code in the field, select the location from the dropdown menu.
3. Tap Save Settings.
Once you have left the home screen of the AOL App for iPad, you will see a back arrow in the top left corner of the screen. Tapping this arrow takes you back to the previous page.
Tap on the Settings icon in the top right corner of the App, and select Tutorial from the dropdown menu.
To report a problem you are experiencing with the AOL App for iPad:
1. Tap on the Settings icon in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Select Send Feedback from the dropdown menu. This will allow you to send us an email with your feedback or issue.
NOTE: An email account must be configured on the device in order to send feedback.
3. Describe the problem you are experiencing, and an email will be sent.
NOTE: Please include the information about the device you are using (i.e. iOS version, iPad one, two, three, or mini, etc.), so we can better resolve the issue.
To delete an item from your saved list:
1. Tap Edit at the top of the right corner.
2. Tap on the red button in front of the items you want to remove, then tap Done.
No, the AOL App for iPad requires online access.
|About this article:|
|Last updated: 11-27-2013|
|© 2013 AOL Inc.|