What is System Mechanic?
What is System Mechanic?
Normal everyday PC usage can take its toll on computer and PC systems, making them annoyingly slow. System Mechanic, from Iolo, is a software suite that secures, optimizes, repairs and fine tunes your computer after five restarts so the system can run faster and at its best.
System Mechanic software:
AOL members can download a free 30-day trial of System Mechanic and then pay a subscription of $4.99 per month.
If you would like to sign up for System Mechanic, check out the directions below:
1. Visit the System Mechanic detail page.
2. Click TRY IT FREE.
3. If you have an AOL account, click Sign in and purchase now! If you do not have an AOL account, you can create one by entering your First Name, Last Name, Email Address (Confirm) and Password (Confirm).
5. If you have already provided your payment information, please select from the list of available options.
6. If you would like to pay using a new form of payment, please click Add New and follow the directions in step 4.
7. Review the Terms and Conditions and click COMPLETE PURCHASE.
Note: It may take a few minutes for your order to process. Please do not click the back button on your web browser or COMPLETE PURCHASE order again as this will charge you for the product twice.
8. The Order Confirmation screen will display, containing your Billing Confirmation and Order Summary.
9. Click Download Now to download System Mechanic to your computer and begin the installation process.
Note: Once you subscribe to System Mechanic, you can download it onto your computer by clicking the GET STARTED NOW button in the Order Confirmation email that you received when you subscribed to the trial and then follow the on-screen instructions.
To reinstall or install System Mechanic on another computer:
1. Go to My Account.
2. Sign in with your master Username or Email and Password.
3. Answer your Account Security Question.
4. Under Service Options, click Manage My Subscriptions.
5. Locate System Mechanic. Under the Subscription Details, copy and paste the Access URL into a separate web browser. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install System Mechanic.
First, check your email inbox to see if you received it with your activation email. If you don’t have this email, it’s possible your email’s filter flagged it as spam and routed it to a blocked emails folder. Check the settings on your spam filter and look through your blocked emails to make sure you didn’t miss it.
If you can’t find the email, you can get your activation code by going to Lifestore, clicking the My Account link in the upper right corner of the page, and signing in with your AOL username and password. Under Service Listings, click the Redownload button that corresponds with System Mechanic to open the download webpage, and then follow the on-screen instructions. The activation code will appear on the new webpage.
Firewalls, antivirus software and registry protectors are helpful programs for protecting your computer but can also block the download of System Mechanic software. You might have to change your computer’s system software settings to allow System Mechanic to install on your PC. If problems continue, go to System Mechanic Customer Care or contact tech support for the protective software currently running on your computer.
Open the System Mechanic software installed on your computer and click on the Help link in the upper right corner of the window. This will take you to a product manual which covers several troubleshooting topics. A Contact Iolo link will take you to the company’s tech support mailing address, phone number, etc. You can also go to the System Mechanic Customer Care website.
System Mechanic is compatible with most operating systems, but check the Specifications tab on the System Mechanic detail page to make sure it will work on your PC.
Billing will begin automatically at the end of your trial period.
To view billing information/history:
1. Visit myaccount.aol.com and sign in with your master Username or Email and Password.
2. Enter the answer to your Account Security Question and click Continue.
3. Under Account Options, click View My Statements.
4. Select the Billing Statement tab to view the billing history for your account.
If you have questions about your billing information, call us at 1-866-485-9217 Monday through Friday between 8AM to 1AM ET, and Saturday between 8AM and 10PM ET.
Lifestore is a website that lets you browse, research and purchase AOL products. It also allows you to open and maintain an online account that helps you manage, add, or cancel subscriptions to products. We may add, change or discontinue offers for products at any time. Check out the Lifestore Terms of Service for more information.
AOL Fulfillment Services, a subsidiary of the AOL Family, handles all billing relationships with AOL's third-party vendors. To find out more information, read About AOL Fulfillment Services.
|How do I cancel System Mechanic?|
|About this article:|
|Last updated: 05-23-2012|
|© 2013 AOL Inc.|