Getting to know your AOL Mail inbox
Welcome! Here's a quick look around your AOL Mail inbox.
Note: Click a question below for some quick tips and how-to's. Click the question again to close a section.
It's in the top left corner of the page, above the "Search Mail" box. It's the pen and paper icon.
To Compose a message:
1. In the upper left, click the Email button - the pen and paper icon.
2. Add the recipients email address in the "To" box and add a subject in the "Subject" box.
3. Type your email in the large message box. Done? Above your Username, click the Send button (The moving envelope icon).
Voila! Message sent.
In the upper right, under your Username, click Options and then click Settings.
This is the place to change your password, modify your composing and reading settings, adjust your spam filter, and to basically customize AOL Mail to work the way you want it to.
Sending your friends a quick text message from your AOL Mail inbox is a snap.
1. In the upper left, click the cell phone icon that says 'TEXT'.
2. In the New Text window that appears in the lower right of your inbox, starting with the area code, enter the phone number of the person you want to send a text message in the box provided.
3. Type your text message in the box provided. When you're ready to send it, hit Enter on your keyboard.
Note: There's a 130 character limit per text message. Charges may apply to the recipient of your text message.
That's it! You'll get replies to your text messages in the lower right corner of your AOL Mail window.
1. In the lower-left panel of your AOL Mail Inbox, click the far right button with the check mark.
2. In the To Do box, click the + sign and then type the name of your To Do in the box provided. Hit Enter on your keyboard to save your To Do.
Note: Click your To Do to add more details like a date, reminder, or notes.
Yep! You can change your AOL Mail inbox theme to match your mood, the season, or just for fun.
To change your background theme:
1. In the upper right, next to your Username, click the down arrow and then click Themes.
2. Click on whichever theme you like. Can't decide? Click the box next to Use Random Theme and get a different theme every time you sign in to your account. Theme shuffle!
3. Once you've selected your new theme, click Save.
In the lower-left panel of your AOL Mail Inbox, click the 'A' button - that's the new AIM logo - to open your Buddy List.
Click a Username to chat with a Buddy and an IM window will appear in the bottom right of your screen.
Click the check-box to the left of a spam message (or messages).
Above your list of messages, click the Spam button. It's the circle icon with a line through it - next to the trash can.
That's it! The message has been moved to your Spam folder, located in the left panel.
The more often you mark messages as Spam, the more you "tune" your personal Spam filter, making it better equipped to block the incoming emails you don't want.
|About this article:|
|Last updated: 03-02-2014|
|© 2013 AOL Inc.|