Email is a very personal thing, and in AOL Mail, there are tons of features that you can customize to your personal liking. You can change the default font, add a signature to your email, adjust your Display Name, and setup many other features to better your email experience.
To set your email preferences:
1. Above your mailbox, in the upper right, click Options and then click Settings.
2. In the left panel, click Compose.
In the Compose section under Settings, you can set preferences for:
- Always show Cc field: Click this box if you want the Cc field to always be visible when writing an email.
- Always show Bcc field: Click this box if you want the Bcc field to always be visible when writing an email.
Rich text / HTML
- Enable autosave of draft messages: Click this box if you want to automatically save a draft of the message you're composing to the drafts folder. This is helpful if you need to step away from your computer or if your computer crashes. You can pick up where you left off and avoid the hassle of starting the message from the beginning.
- Use Rich Text / HTML Editing: Click this check box to ensure that rich text or HTML editing is always active. This enables you to format your text as you wish.
- Signature: The drop-down menu lets you specify whether you would like to have an email signature and what you would like the text in the signature to say. To learn more about email signatures, please visit our help article How do I create or modify an email signature in AOL Mail?
- Default Font and Color: Select the default font that you want to using when composing an email.
- In the box next to Display Name, enter the name that you'd like people to see when you send them mail.
Outbound character set
- In the box next to Greeting Name, enter the name that you'd like to see when you first sign in.
- Click the drop-down menu to select the character set that you want to use while sending emails. We recommend that you leave the character set at the default setting unless specified otherwise by your computer manufacturer or Internet Service Provider.
- Check spelling before sending messages: Click this check box if you want to automatically run spell check before sending an email.
- Automatically add email addresses to Contacts: If you send an email to an email address that is not listed in your contacts, clicking this check box will ensure that the particular email address is added to your contacts.
- Confirm sent messages on a separate page: Click this box if you want to see a confirmation that you're email was sent on a separate page.
Once you're done customizing your compose settings, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Settings.
You're Done! Try out your new settings by composing a new message. Enjoy!