What is SafeCentral?
What is SafeCentral?
We at AOL have partnered with leading security software developer Authentium to offer the SafeCentral software with a money back guarantee as part of our commitment to helping members protect their online identity.
SafeCentral provides a layer of protection for your computer that blocks malware and Trojans that could otherwise slip past antivirus and spyware software.
Once you open SafeCentral on your computer, the SafeBrowser automatically starts and provides you with a secure environment for transactions, banking and other online activities that require your personal information. The browser’s patent-pending technology blocks key-loggers, screen-scrapers and other malware agents that could steal your identity from accessing and observing your activity, even on a pre-infested computer.
AOL members can get a free 30-day trial of SafeCentral and then pay a monthly subscription.
Note: SafeCentral is not compatible with ID Vault.
If you would like to sign up for SafeCentral, check out the directions below:
1. Visit the SafeCentral detail page.
2. Click TRY IT FREE.
3. Click Sign in and purchase now! If you do not have an AOL account, you can create one by entering your First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Email Confirm, Password and Password Confirm.
4. If you have not provided your payment information, please do so:
5. If you have already provided your payment information, please select from the list of available options.
6. If you would like to pay using a new form of payment, please click Add New and follow the directions in step 4.
7. Review the Terms and Conditions and click COMPLETE PURCHASE.
Note: It may take a few minutes for your order to process. Please do not click the back button on your web browser or COMPLETE PURCHASE order again as this will charge you for the product twice.
8. The Order Confirmation screen will display, containing your Billing Confirmation and Order Summary.
9. Click Download Now to download SafeCentral to your computer and begin the installation process.
Note: Once you subscribe to SafeCentral, you can download it onto your computer by clicking the GET STARTED NOW button in the Order Confirmation email that you received when you subscribed to the trial and then follow the on-screen instructions.
To reinstall or install SafeCentral on another computer:
1. Go to My Account.
2. Sign in with your master Username or Email and Password.
3. Answer your Account Security Question.
4. Under Service Options, click Manage My Subscriptions.
5. Locate SafeCentral. Under the Subscription Details, copy and paste the Access URL into a separate web browser. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install SafeCentral.
When you sign up for SafeCentral, you’ll receive an Order Confirmation email which will contain a link and a license key to let you download SafeCentral onto your computer. Using this email and key, you can download SafeCentral to as many as three computers using the above process.
You need a license key to complete installation of SafeCentral on your computer. If you lose the license key that you should have received in your Order Confirmation email, call AOL Customer Care Consultants at 1-866-485-9217 to have the email re-sent to your email address.
Go to SafeCentral Support page for 24-hour online technical support or call 1-866-545-1959 Monday through Friday between 9AM and 5PM ET.
SafeCentral is compatible with several operating systems, but check the Specifications tab on the SafeCentral detail page to make sure it will work on your PC.
Note: SafeCentral does not work with the AOL dial-up client software.
Billing will begin automatically at the end of your trial period.
To view billing information/history:
1. Visit myaccount.aol.com and sign in with your master Username or Email and Password.
2. Enter the answer to your Account Security Question and click Continue.
3. Under Account Options, click View My Statements.
4. Select the Billing Statement tab to view the billing history for your account.
If you have questions about your billing information, call us at 1-866-485-9217 Monday through Friday between 8AM to 1AM ET, and Saturday between 8AM and 10PM ET.
If you become a victim of ID theft while using SafeCentral’s online protection service, SafeCentral will refund the price of your subscription. Please call AOL Customer Service at 1-800-827-6364.
Lifestore is a website that lets you browse, research and purchase AOL products. It also allows you to open and maintain an online account that helps you manage, add or cancel subscriptions to products. We may add, change or discontinue offers for products at any time. Check out the Lifestore Terms of Service for more information.
AOL Fulfillment Services is a subsidiary of the AOL Family that handles all billing relationships with AOL’s third-party vendors. To find out more information, read About AOL Fulfillment Services.
How do I cancel SafeCentral?
|About this article:|
|Last updated: 05-23-2012|
|© 2013 AOL Inc.|