How do I reset my mailbox settings in AOL Mail?
Resetting the mailbox settings can help fix several common issues that you may be experiencing by re-synchronizing the servers that control your mailbox, address book, calendar and preferences.
To reset your mailbox settings, you will need to open the Mail System Summary page. The System Summary page can be opened by holding the Shift key on your keyboard, then clicking the Options down arrow. A new browser window will open, displaying the contents of the System Summary page. When it is no longer needed, click the X button in the upper right to close the AOL Mail System Summary window.
To reset your mailbox settings:
1. Above your mailbox in the upper right, while holding down your Shift key, click the Options down arrow.
2. A new browser window will open displaying AOL Mail System Summary.
3. Depending on which issue you're having trouble with, click the Reset button next to it.
4. Once you're done resetting the issue you were experiencing, close the AOL Mail System Summary window by clicking the X in the top right corner.
5. Sign out of your account and then sign back in.
|About this article:|
|Last updated: 09-26-2012|
|© 2013 AOL Inc.|