How do I save my password on AOL Mail?
Want to access your mail quicker? Most browsers let you store your Username and password on the AOL Mail sign-in page so you access your email with just a click of your mouse.
Note: If you store your AOL Username and password on a computer, anyone who has access to that computer can sign in and access your mail. To remove your stored password, repeat the following instructions, but this time making sure that the boxes next to remember password aren't checked.
Enable AutoComplete in Internet Explorer (Versions 6, 7, 8, and 9):
1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
Note: If you're using IE 9, click the gear wheel icon located at the top right corner of your browser and then click Internet Options.
2. At the top of the 'Internet Options' window, click the Content tab.
3. In the 'AutoComplete' section, click the Settings button.
Note: If you are using IE 6, in the 'Personal information' section, click the AutoComplete button.
4. In the 'AutoComplete Settings' window, under 'Use AutoComplete for' section, make sure the box next to User names and passwords on forms is checked.
5. Click the OK button.
6. Click the OK button to close the Internet Options window.
7. Click the X button in the upper right to close all open windows.
To save passwords in Mozilla Firefox
1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Options.
2. At the top of the 'Options' window, click Security (lock icon).
3. Under the 'Passwords' section, make sure the box next to Remember passwords for sites is checked.
4. Click OK.
To save passwords in Google Chrome
1. In the top right corner of your browser, click the wrench icon and then click Options.
2. Under 'Options' in the left panel, click Personal Stuff.
3. Under 'Personal Stuff', make sure the radio button next to Offer to save passwords is highlighted.
4. In the top right corner, click X to close the window.
To save your Username and password in Safari for Mac
1. Click the Safari menu and then click Preferences.
2. At the top of the 'Preferences' window, click AutoFill.
3. In the 'AutoFill' window, make sure the box next to User names and passwords is checked.
4. In the top left corner, click the red button to close the window.
|About this article:|
|Last updated: 07-18-2014|
|© 2013 AOL Inc.|