View and download attachments in an email using AOL Mail
You can either open an attachment to view it without saving the file directly to your computer, or you can save the file to your computer directly.
1. Click on the attachment. It will have a paperclip icon next to the link.
Note: If the attachment is a picture, you can preview the attachment in the email body, by selecting an option next to Show images.
2. To Open and preview the attachment using Firefox, select Open with and click OK.
Note: If you want to open the file with a different program other than the default program, select it from the dropdown list next to Open with.
3. To save the file to your computer using Firefox, select Save and then click OK. The file will be downloaded to your computer. If you haven't changed the directory of the Firefox default save location, the file should be saved in the Downloads folder.
4. To open the attachment using Internet Explorer, select Open.
5. To save the attachment using Internet Explorer, click Save and choose where you would like to save the attachment. Then click Save again.
You should now know how to view and download attachments using Firefox and Internet Explorer.
|About this article:|
|Last updated: 08-31-2012|
|© 2010 AOL Inc.|