How do I disable saved password on AOL Mail?
When you sign in to AOL Mail, you'll always be required to enter your Username and password. However, some web browsers may save your information when you visit a site, so the next time you browse to the site you won't need to type in your information. Though this is an attempt at being convenient and to help you save time, it can also be a security risk if you're using a computer that can be accessed by people you don't know.
Note: If you're using Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or lower or Netscape 6.0 or lower, please consult your Web browser's documentation for assistance on how to disable the username and password storage.
To disable Save Password in Microsoft Internet Explorer
Microsoft Internet Explorer has an AutoComplete feature that stores usernames and passwords for websites.
To disable Microsoft Internet Explorer AutoComplete:
1. Click the Start button, click All Programs or Programs, and then click Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
3. Click the Content tab.
4. In the Personal Information section, click the AutoComplete button.
Note: If you're using Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher, in the AutoComplete section, click the Settings button.
5. In the Use AutoComplete for section, click the User names and passwords on forms box to clear it.
Note: Disabling this option also disables the Prompt me to save passwords option.
6. In the Clear AutoComplete history section, click the Clear Forms button. If you're using IE 7 or higher, click the Delete AutoComplete history button.
7. Click OK.
8. Click the Clear Passwords button of if you're using IE 7 or higher, click the box next to Passwords to remove the check mark.
9. Click OK or if you're using IE 7 or higher, click Delete.
10. Click OK.
11. Click the OK button to close the Internet Options window.
12. Click the X button in the upper right to close the Internet Explorer window.
To disable Save Password option in Mozilla Firefox
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Click Tools, and then click Options.
3. Click Security.
4. Under Passwords, uncheck the box next to Remember passwords for sites.
5. Click Saved Passwords.
6. Click Remove All.
7. Click Yes.
8. Click Close.
9. Click OK.
10. Close all open windows.
To disable Save Password option in Google Chrome
1. Launch Google Chrome. Below the X button, click the Customize and control Google Chrome menu (spanner icon), and then click Options.
2. Click the Personal Stuff tab.
3. Under Passwords, select the option Never save passwords by clicking it.
4. Click Show saved passwords.
5. Click Remove All.
6. Click Yes.
7. Click Close.
8. Click Close.
9. Close all open windows.
To disable Netscape 8.0 Passcards
In Netscape 8.0, the auto-complete feature is known as Passcards.
To disable Netscape 8.0 Passcards:
1. On the Netscape 8.0 window, click the Tools menu, and then click Options.
2. Click the Form Fill icon.
3. Click the arrow next to Passcards, and then click the Preferences option.
4. Click the When I enter login information: drop-down menu to open it, choose Do Nothing from the list, and then click it.
5. Click the OK button.
Note: If you already have login information saved, click the Privacy icon, click the Clear button, and then click the OK button to remove the saved passwords.
To disable Netscape 7.0 / 7.1 Password Manager
In Netscape 7.0 and 7.1, the auto-complete feature is known as the Password Manager.
To disable Netscape Password Manager:
1. On the Netscape window, click the Edit menu, and then click Preferences.
2. Click the arrow next to Privacy & Security.
3. Click Passwords to highlight it.
4. In the Password Manager section, click the Remember Passwords box to clear it.
5. Click the OK button.
Note: If you already have passwords stored, click the Manage Stored Passwords button, click the Remove All button, and then click the Close button. This will remove any stored passwords.
|About this article:|
|Last updated: 08-11-2014|
|© 2013 AOL Inc.|