AOL Mail in the AOL app : FAQ
AOL Mail in the AOL app : FAQ
Get to know AOL Mail in the AOL app for iOS and Android devices. Below are some tips and tricks to help you get more familiar.
Note: AOL Mail in the AOL app for iOS and Android devices will run on iOS 5.0 and above and on Android 4.1.
How do I select one or multiple messages to delete or mark them as spam, or to move, flag, or mark them as 'Read' or 'Unread'?
1. Tap the box to the left of each message that you'd like to select.
2. Above your message list, tap the icon that corresponds with the action that you'd like to perform. If you're using a tablet, you'll see these options in the main viewing area:
For iPhone and Android phones:
1. To select all messages in your inbox or folder, tap the box next to an email.
2. Above your message list, tap the open box on the left. If you're using a tablet, you can select all by tapping the open box in the bottom left.
1. Tap the box next to an email.
2. At the bottom left of your message list, tap the open box.
Sort messages by using the Search tool.
1. Tap the menu button (three lines in the upper-left corner of the screen) to open the folders column.
– You can also simply 'pull down' your message list to reveal a Search window at the top of the list.
2. Tap in the search window and type what you're looking for.
Tablet: On a tablet, Search includes a filter tool.
1. Just above the Search window, tap the funnel icon with the word 'Filter' next to it.
2. Tap below the Search window to filter: All, From, To, and Subject.
Adjusting the line spacing will let you see more of your message list in your mobile mail inbox. Here's how:
1. In the upper left, tap the menu button.
2. In the menu, scroll to the bottom and tap Settings.
3. In the Settings menu, tap Message Preview.
4. You can adjust your line spacing of your message list by taping 1 Line or None.
For iPhone and Android phones:
1. At the bottom of the app, tap AOL to get to the main AOL screen.
2. In the upper right, tap the gear wheel icon to open the settings menu.
3. Tap Sign Out.
1. In the upper right, tap the gear wheel icon.
2. Tap Sign Out.
Unfortunately, there isn't a way to attach a photo or file to an email.
AOL Mail in the AOL app relies on the built-in spell checker that comes on your device. If you mistype a word, the auto-correct feature on your mobile device should fix it for you.
If you're using an iPhone or iPad:
1. To save a photo that you've received as an attachment, tap the photo.
2. The photo will open in a new mobile browser window.
3. Tap and hold on the photo. In the pop-up window that appears, tap Save Photo.
4. The photo will be saved in your mobile devices photo app.
If you're using an Android device, if you tap the attachment, it should begin downloading to your devices photo/gallery app.
Ready to send your first email?
In the upper left of your inbox, tap the EMAIL button (the pen and paper icon).
In the To: field, enter the person’s email address that you would like to send an email. You’ll notice that once you tap the first couple of letters, a box will pop up with a list of your contacts that match those letters. If you find the person’s email address in your contact list, you can tap their name/email address to add them to the To field.
Note: You can jump directly to your Contacts list by tapping the silhouette in the right side of the To field.
Enter the subject of your email in the Subject box and your message in the main box on the right. When you’re ready to send your message, in the upper right, tap SEND.
Expecting an email? On your message list, tap, hold, drag down, and release the list to refresh your mail and loading any new incoming messages.
Yes! To reply to everyone who received an email, tap the REPLY button at the top of the email.
In the bar that appears at the top, tap REPLY ALL.
In the To: field, you’ll see a list of everyone that received the original message. You can add additional recipients by entering their email address in the To box or you can remove people from the list by tapping their email address and then tapping the backspace (or delete button) on your mobile keyboard.
To move an email into a folder, above the message, tap the ACTION button (down arrow on the right).
In the menu bar that appears, tap MOVE. This will open a list of your folders. Tap the folder you’d like to move the message into. You can create a brand new folder by tapping the +Add Folder link at the bottom.
Note: You can also move an email into a folder on your message list by swiping from left to right to bring up a quick menu. In the menu bar that appears, tap MOVE. Tap the folder you’d like to move the message into. Like the previous method, you can create a brand new folder by tapping the +Add Folder link at the bottom.
Using folders makes staying organized a snap.
Here's how to create a new folder:
1. Select a message that you'd like to move to a new folder, and then above the message in the upper right, tap the Action menu button (down arrow on the right).
2. Tap Move.
3. At the bottom of the window that appears, tap +Add Folder.
4. Enter the name of the folder and then tap the return key on your mobile keyboard.
1. To edit your email signature, above your message list, tap the menu button next to Inbox.
2. At the bottom, tap Settings and then tap Signature. In the main viewing area you can edit your email signature.
Yes! If you need to finish writing an email later, you can save the email to your Drafts folder. To save an email to your Drafts folder, in the email that you are composing, click the Cancel button in the upper left (Don't worry, this won't delete your message!).
In the menu bar that appears, click SAVE DRAFT.
When you're ready to continue writing, tap your Drafts folder and then tap the saved draft. Above the message, tap EDIT (pen and paper icon) to continue composing your email.
Note: You won't be able to edit emails that you previously saved to your Drafts folder using a desktop or laptop only emails that you saved while using AOL Mail in the AOL app.
Have something to say? We want to hear it! We love hearing from people who use AOL Mail. To send feedback, click the menu button at the top of your inbox.
At the bottom of the left panel, click Send Feedback. Type your feedback in the box on the right and when you're done, click SEND FEEDBACK.
|About this article:|
|Last updated: 06-10-2014|
|© 2013 AOL Inc.|