Update to the new AOL Desktop 9.6 and get the fastest, easiest and most convenient all-in-one AOL Desktop Software available. The things that you love about the AOL Desktop Software are still here, just better! And best of all, this update is free!
New enhancements include:
- A faster, streamlined web browsing experience.
- Internet Explorer 9 compatibility.
- Optimization for Windows 7.
- Important security updates.
- As with all AOL Desktop Software Updates, this is free of charge.
- All of your existing information will be kept if you select Upgrade (Copy My Data) in step 3.
- For more information, please visit daol.aol.com/software/aoldesktop96.
To update to the new AOL Desktop 9.6:
1. When you see the AOL Software Updates prompt shown below, click Install Now to continue.
2. Review the available updates and click Start.
- If you're using an older version of AOL 9.0 VR, you'll experience the Software Update screen below; click Install Now to continue.
- After clicking Install Now or Start, you may be asked to shut down any AOL applications that may be open. Close any open AOL applications and then click Continue Install.
3. If you'd like to copy your existing mail and address book settings, click Upgrade (Copy My Data). If you'd like to install a new version of AOL Desktop 9.6 without your existing mail or address book, click Install New Version.
Note: If you clicked Install New Version, jump to step 4.
4. Select which version of the AOL Desktop Software you'd like to upgrade and then click Next.
6. Almost finished! Click Install Now.
Sweet! You've now got AOL Desktop 9.6. We're sure that you’ll love it, but we want to hear what you think about the new AOL Desktop 9.6.