AOL Desktop v10.1 Search is an integrated feature that will allow computer users to search for a plethora of files. Using AOL Desktop v10.1 Search, you can now quickly and easily find and preview documents, pictures, music, videos, and email files on your own computer using key words and phrases. Once the search is complete, you may sort the results several ways (for example, date, name, size, folder, type, etc.)
What types of files are searchable with AOL Desktop v10.1 Search?
What are the system requirements for AOL Desktop v10.1 Search?
How do I install AOL Desktop v10.1 Search?
How do I uninstall AOL Desktop v10.1 Search?
AOL Desktop v10.1 Search allows you to index and search various types of files. You can even index your MP3 player, camera, USB drive and other removable devices to search and find files beyond your desktop. The following are the most popular types of files searchable by AOL Desktop v10.1 Search:
- Documents: Like Excel, PowerPoint, Word, PDF, Text and HTML
- Music: Like MP3, WMA, WAV and more
- Videos: Like MPEG, QuickTime™, WMA and more
- Pictures: Like JPEG, GIF, JPG and more
- email: Like Outlook and Outlook Express
Your computer must meet the following requirements to run the AOL Desktop v10.1 Search software correctly.
- Operating system: Windows XP or Windows 2000
- System memory: 256 MB RAM
- Screen resolution: 800x600 pixels or more
- Web browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, Firefox 1.0 or higher, Netscape 7.0 or higher
- 100 MB disk space for installed files and index
AOL Desktop v10.1 Search 2.0 is available for download through the AOL Download Website.
To download AOL Desktop v10.1 Search 2.0
1. Double-click the Internet Explorer icon on the desktop.
2. In the Address bar, type www.aol.com/downloads.
3. Under AOL Desktop v10.1 Search 2.0, click the Download now link.
4. Under About AOL Desktop v10.1 Search 2.0, click the Click to Download Now! button.
5. Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the download and the installation.
AOL Desktop v10.1 Search can be uninstalled using the AOL Uninstaller.
To uninstall the AOL Desktop v10.1 Search
1. Open the Control Panel:
- For Windows 7/Vista/XP, click the Start button, then click Control Panel.
- For Windows 2000, click the Start button, select Settings, then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click the Add/Remove Programs or Add or Remove Programs icon.
3. Click AOL Uninstaller to highlight it.
4. Click the Change/Remove button.
5. Click the AOL Desktop v10.1 Search box to place a check mark in it.
6. Click the Uninstall button.
7. Click the Yes button.
8. Click the OK button.