Update to the new AOL Desktop 9.6 and get the fastest, easiest, and most convenient all-in-one AOL software to date. The things that you love about the AOL Software are still here, just better!
New enhancements include:
- A faster, streamlined web browsing experience.
- One-click access to Lifestream for quick updating of your favorite social networks.
- Easily share your favorite web pages through email, IM, Facebook, Twitter, or Lifestream.
To update to the new AOL Desktop 9.6:
1. In the AOL Software Update window ‘New updates are available for: AOL 9.1 – Want the best AOL experience?’, click Install Now. If you’d like to see more information on the update, click More Details.
Note: After clicking Install Now, you may be asked to shutdown any AOL applications that may be open. Close any open AOL applications and then click Continue Install.
2. If you'd like to copy your existing mail and address book settings, click Upgrade (Copy My Data). If you'd like to install a new version of AOL Desktop 9.6 without your existing mail or address book, click Install New Version.
Note: If you clicked Install New Version, jump to step 4.
3. Select which version of the AOL software you'd like to upgrade and then click Next.
5. Almost finished! Click Install Now.
Sweet! You’ve now got the new AOL Desktop 9.6 software. We’re sure that you’ll love it, but we want to hear what you think about the new AOL Desktop 9.6.