Update to the new AOL Desktop 9.6 and get the fastest, easiest and most convenient all-in-one AOL Desktop Software available. The things that you love about the AOL Desktop Software are still here, just better! And best of all, this update is free!
New enhancements include:
- A faster, streamlined web browsing experience.
- Internet Explorer 9 compatibility.
- Optimization for Windows 7.
- Important security updates.
- As with all AOL Desktop Software Updates, this is free of charge.
- All of your existing information will be kept if you select Upgrade (Copy My Data) in step 3.
- For more information, please visit daol.aol.com/software/aoldesktop96.
To update to the new AOL Desktop 9.6, please follow the instructions below:
1. In the AOL Software Updates window, click Install Now. If you’d like to see more information on the update, click More Details.
2. Review the available updates and click Start.
- If you're using an older version of AOL Desktop 9.5, you'll experience the AOL Software Updates screen below; click Download All to continue.
- After clicking Install Now or Download All, you may be asked to shut down any AOL applications that may be open. Close any open AOL applications and then click Continue Install.
3. If you'd like to copy your existing mail and address book settings, click Upgrade (Copy My Data). If you'd like to install a new version of AOL Desktop 9.6 without your existing mail or address book, click Install New Version.
Note: If you clicked Install New Version, jump to step 4.
4. Select which version of the AOL software you'd like to upgrade and then click Next.
6. Almost finished! Click Install Now.
Sweet! You’ve now got the new AOL Desktop 9.6 software. We’re sure that you’ll love it, but we want to hear what you think about the new AOL Desktop 9.6.