Note: Upgrade to the latest version of the AOL Desktop software to take advantage of great new features!
The AOL Address Book makes it easy to keep track of the screen names and email addresses you use most often. Addresses you send or forward email to are automatically stored in your Address Book so that the next time you send email or an instant message (for screen names only) you won't have to type the full address.
AOL recommends you to save or print a copy of this page for your future reference.
View Automatically Stored Contacts in Your Address Book
We can view the list of contacts that have been automatically stored in your Address Book.
1. Click the Mail menu, then click Address Book.
2. In the Groups section, click Categories.
3. From the Categories list, click Auto-Added.
Stop Automatic Storage of email Addresses
To opt not to have addresses you use automatically stored in your Address Book:
1. On the AOL toolbar, click the Mail menu, then click Address Book.
2. Click the Address Book Options drop-down menu, then click Address Book Settings.
3. Click the Automatically add email addresses to my Address Book box to clear it.
4. Click the Save button.
5. Click the X button to close the address book.