AOL CDs are no longer available at retail stores. However, you can still download the AOL installer file and burn it onto a CD.
Before downloading the AOL installer file, please ensure that your computer meets the system requirements of the AOL software that you wish to download.
Minimum system requirements for AOL Desktop for Mac:
- PowerPC G4 or Intel Macintosh (minimum)
- Mac OS X 10.5 or higher
- Minimum of 256 MB of RAM
- Minimum of 60 MB of available hard disk space
- 28.8 Kbps or faster modem / existing internet connection
Minimum system requirements for AOL for Mac OS X:
- Mac OS X 10.1 or higher
- 128 MB RAM
- 70 MB of unused hard disk space
- 800 × 600 or higher resolution
- 14.4 Kbps or faster connection
To download the AOL installer file and burn it onto a CD, please follow the instructions below:
1. Click the version of the AOL Desktop software that you wish to download.
Note: The steps to create a CD are different depending on the version of the AOL Desktop software that you choose to download.
2. In the Downloads window, click Show in Finder.
Note: Clicking Show in Finder displays the downloaded AOL installer file.
3. Insert a blank CD-R or CD-RW disc.
4. Select Open Finder from the list of applications.
Note: Selecting Open Finder displays the CD-R icon in the Finder window. Although the CD-R icon appears in the drive listing, no burning has occurred yet.
5. Drag the downloaded AOL installer file to the CD-R icon.
6. Click the CD-R icon, and choose Burn CD from the File menu. Alternatively, drag the CD-R icon to Trash.(Trash changes to Disc Burner when an unformatted CD-R is dragged onto it.)
7. Click Burn. The disc is initialized, and the AOL installer file is saved on the disc. This process may take several minutes.
Note: When the recording process is complete, the drive will eject the disc. Insert the disk back into the drive; you will find the AOL installer file on the disc. You can use this CD to install the AOL software for Mac.