Worried that your kids are getting emails from people they don't know? Using AOL Parental Controls, you can block emails from unknown senders, put an end to the barrage of junk email messages that your kids receive, and even filter out spam that may contain inappropriate content.
In other words, AOL Parental Controls helps you customize an age-appropriate online experience for your child. You can now control and monitor your child's email activities by setting up simple controls for your child's Username. We recommend that you save or print a copy of this page for future references.
Note: The Keyword feature is not available in AOL Desktop.
2. In the Manage Your Child's Parental Control Settings section, under Default Settings, click Edit for the Username whose settings you want to change.
3. On the Settings for [Username] page, under email Controls, click Edit email Settings.
4. On the Spam Settings window, next to the Sender Filter section, select the desired option.
Note: You can select from the following options:
- Block mail from addresses I specify: Allows you to specify the email addresses from which you do not want to receive emails. Select this option, and in the box given below this option, enter the email addresses separated by commas.
- Allow mail from all senders: Allows emails from any email address.
- Allow mail only from aol.com users: Allows emails only from AOL users.
- Allow mail only from people I know: Allows emails only from people on the Username's address book.
- Allow mail only from addresses I specify: Specifies the addresses from which you want the Username to receive emails. Select this option, and in the box given below this option, enter the email addresses separated by commas.
- Block mail from all senders: Blocks all emails.
5. Once you have selected the option you want, click Save to save the changes.
6. Click OK when you get a confirmation.
7. Close all open windows.