You can use the spell checker to edit the content written in your emails.
Spell Check email
If a spelling error is found, a window appears with a suggestion for correcting the error, if a suggestion is available.
To check for spelling errors:
1. Compose your message.
2. In the Write Mail window, click the Spell Check button below the message box.
3. In the Check Spelling or AOL Spelling and Grammar Checker window, click the misspelled word, type in your correction (or select one of the words from the Suggestions: list), then click the Replace or the Replace All button to replace multiple instances of the same misspelling.
Note: If a word is listed as misspelled but is not, such as a proper name, click the Skip button to skip this instance of the word or click the Skip All button to skip all instances of the word.
Turn On Automatic Spell Check
You can now turn on the spell check feature so that it automatically checks your email.
To turn on the automatic spell check:
1. Click the Mail menu, then click Mail Settings.
2. Click the Perform a spell check before sending mail box to place a check mark in it.
3. Click the Save button.
Note: Once automatic spell check is turned on, if you want to send email without checking the spelling, hold down the CTRL key, then click the Send Now button.
Advanced Spell Checker Settings
You can configure your settings to underline misspellings and grammar errors that have been found by the spell checker while you are typing your email.
To configure advanced spell checker settings:
1. On the AOL toolbar, click the Settings icon.
2. On the Settings page, scroll down to S and click the Spelling link.
3. Click the Underline misspellings in mail as I type box to place a check mark in it.
4. Click the Save button.
Note: If you want to completely disable the spell checker, click each box in the Spelling and Grammar Settings window to clear it, then click the Save button.