Create and manage third-party app passwords
Some older third-party email apps (that do not use our AOL-branded sign in page) require you to enter a single password for login credentials. If you've activated 2-step verification for your AOL account, you'll need to generate and use an "app password" to access AOL Mail from these apps.
1. Sign in and go to the AOL Account security page.
2. Click Generate app password.
3. Select the app you use from the drop-down menu.
4. Click Generate.
5. Follow the instructions provided to use the app password.
- Be sure to enter the password into your app without any spaces.
6. Click Done.
Remove an app password - Click Manage app passwords and then click the Delete icon to stop using an app password.