Do you find it annoying to toggle between multiple IM screens while IMing your buddies? No worries! AOL Desktop v10.1 offers you the Grouped IM feature where in you can group multiple IM windows and enjoy a toggle free IM conversation with your buddies. To know more about such settings, click the numbers in the screen shot below.
Note: If the image is different from what you see on your computer, you do not have the latest version of AOL Desktop v10.1 software. Please install the latest version of AOL Desktop v10.1 software.
In the Buddy List window click the Edit menu, and then click Settings. Click the General IM tab to get to this window.
3. Want to save yourself from the hassle of toggling between multiple IM windows? Check the Use Grouped IMs to display my IMs box. You will have all your IM conversations neatly organized in a single window.
4. Have you lost any important information by closing IM windows accidentally? Check the Keep IM conversation text after IM is closed box and be rest assured of your conversation being saved until you sign out of the AOL Desktop v10.1 software.
5. Do you fail to notice IMs from your buddies while working on another window? We have the perfect solution for you! Just check the Flash the AIM icon in the taskbar when IM messages are received box and be alerted of IMs every time you receive them.
7. Do you tend to lose unchecked IMs while closing the Grouped IM window? Fear no more! Check the When using grouped IMs, prompt me before closing unread IMs box and be alerted of any unchecked IMs before closing the Grouped IM window.
8. Weary of spam IMs? Uncheck the Auto-accept IMs from unknown senders box and you'll be alerted of IMs from people who are not on your Buddy List window. To know more about this feature, go to How do I enable IM Catcher in AOL Desktop v10.1?.
12. Do you like a particular font and wish you could use it while IMing without having to change it in every IM window? In the Default Font: section, choose the font , font size, text format, font color, highlight color, and background color. The setting you choose here will turn out to be the default setting for all your IMs.