Note: Upgrade to the latest version of the AOL Desktop software to take advantage of great new features!
You can choose a different background or desktop theme for each Username on your AOL account. The default background/desktop theme of the AOL Desktop Software is blue. You can go back to the default theme any time.
Note: The instructions provided below are not applicable for AOL Desktop v10.1. To know how to change the background in AOL Desktop v10.1, please read our help article How do I personalize my AOL Desktop v10.1 background?
1. Go to AOL Keyword: Desktop Themes.
2. Select a category from the left panel, and then choose a subcategory.
3. Select an image from the gallery.
4. Click Apply, and then click Close.
1. Go to AOL Keyword: Manage Personalities.
2. Click Environment.
3. Click the Don't use Desktop or Reset link. The theme will revert to the default.
4. Close the AOL Expressions window.