The Personal Filing Cabinet (PFC) on the AOL software is a filing system. It helps you store and organize your email on to your computer's hard drive. So, you can read your emails even while you're offline. You can create custom folders in your PFC to easily identify emails.
- Add folders to your Filing Cabinet
- Delete folders from your Filing Cabinet
- Move email or folders around within your Filing Cabinet
Your Personal Filing Cabinet (PFC) comes with certain default folders, but you can personalize your Filing Cabinet by creating new folders and naming them. This allows you to organize your Filing Cabinet the way you want to.
1. On the AOL toolbar, click the Read icon to open the Mailbox.
2. Click the Manage Mail or Mail Folders tab.
3. Choose either the Saved on AOL or Saved on My PC folder, and then click the Setup Folders button.
4. Click the Create Folder option to open the Create New Folder window.
5. Type the name of the folder in the box, and then click the Save button. Your new folder will appear in the My Mail Folders section on the left.
If you no longer want a particular folder in your Filing Cabinet, you can delete it.
1. Open the Filing Cabinet:2. On the AOL toolbar, click the Read icon, and then click the Manage Mail or Mail Folders tab.
3. Click the folder that you want to delete to highlight it, click the Setup Folders button, and then click Delete Folder.
3. Click the Yes or OK button.
4. Click the X in the upper right to close the Filing Cabinet or Mailbox window.
If you discover that you've placed an email message in a wrong folder, or you'd like to better organize your folders in your Filing Cabinet, you can move mail messages and folders around inside your Filing Cabinet.
To move one or more email messages to another folder, do the following:
1. Open the folder that holds the message that you would like to move by clicking it.
2. Click the message that you want to move and continue holding down the mouse button and drag the message to the folder that you want to move it to.
You can follow these same instructions to move a folder around in your Filing Cabinet. Instead of clicking an individual email message, you would simply click the folder that you want to move, and then drag it to where you want it.