The AOL Desktop Software creates a backup copy of your Personal Filing Cabinet (PFC), which includes the Saved on My PC folder, every four weeks. The backup process begins once the AOL Desktop is closed.
Note: The option to back up your PFC is not available on the AOL Desktop v10.1; however, you can import the PFC from an older version of the AOL Desktop Software into AOL Desktop v10.1.
To manually create a backup of your PFC:
1. Close AOL Desktop.
Note: You must be signed in to AOL Desktop when creating a backup of your PFC.
2. Click Start, then click All Programs or Programs.
3. Click AOL, then click AOL System Information.
Note: If you are unable to access AOL System Information, go to the help article Open Data Folder for instructions on how to manually open the Data Folder. When finished, continue from step 4.
4. Open Data Folder:
- If you are using any versions of AOL 9.0 or higher: Click the AOL Software tab, and then click Open Data Folder.
- If you are using AOL 9.0 Optimized: Click Data Folder.
- If you are using AOL 8.0 plus or lower versions: Click Folder.
5. Right-click the Organize folder, and then click Copy.
6. Right-click on your desktop, and then click Paste.
7. Click X on the upper right corner to close open windows.
8. You can now send this folder as an attachment through email, save it to your USB drive to either keep it as a backup or transfer it to another computer.