Parents who have set up separate Windows® user accounts on their computers can now turn off AOL® Parental Controls for specific user accounts. AOL Parental Controls will continue to be active for accounts that have Parental Controls turned on.
To turn on or turn off AOL Parental Controls
1. Sign on to the AOL Parental Controls software.
2. Next to the clock, in the Windows taskbar, right-click the Parental Controls icon, and then click Settings.
Note: If you are using Windows 7 and don't see the Parental Controls icon next to the clock, click the arrow next to the clock to reveal hidden icons. Please know that you can customize your Windows 7 System Tray. For more information, read our online help article Customize Windows 7 System Tray.
3. Click the On/Off Controls tab.
4. To turn on/turn off controls
- Select the user account for which you want to turn off Parental Controls, and then select the check box next to Off.
- Select the user account for which you want to turn on Parental Controls, and then select the check box next to On.
5. Click OK.