How to check the SMTP settings on an iPad
To check the SMTP settings on your iPad:
1. From the iPad home page, select the Settings icon.
2. Select Accounts & Passwords.
3. Tap on the email account you are attempting to send mail from.
4. Under Outgoing Mail Server, select SMTP.
6. Under Primary Server, select the SMTP server for your email account and verify that the settings are correct.
Note: If you have multiple email accounts, try using an STMP server from another account. Select the STMP account and make sure they are turned to ON.