Emails saved on your computer can be found in the Saved on My PC folder, or in the Filing Cabinet on any version of the AOL software. Emails saved on the AOL servers can be found in the Saved on AOL folder or On AOL folder. Your Saved on AOL or On AOL folder can store an unlimited number of emails and attachments, and you never have to worry about them getting lost due to a computer problem since they are stored on the AOL servers. You can choose to delete any email saved in any of these areas at any time.
Delete an email from your Filing Cabinet
If you no longer want a particular email in your Filing Cabinet, you can delete it.
To delete an email from your Filing Cabinet using AOL Desktop v10.1 software:
1. Launch AOL Desktop v10.1.
2. On the AOL toolbar, click the Mail icon, if prompted, enter your screen name and password, and then click the Sign In button.
3. In the folders list, click the folder that contains the email you wish to delete.
4. Click the email you wish to delete, and then click the Delete button.
Note: You can manage your mails using the unified Inbox folder or the New and Old mail folder. To learn more, please visit the Online help article titled: How do I switch to the unified Inbox Mail?
To delete an email from your Filing Cabinet using AOL classic clients:
1. Open the Filing Cabinet:
- If using AOL 5.0, click the My Files icon, then click Personal Filing Cabinet.
- If using AOL 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, or 8.0 plus, on the AOL toolbar, click the Mail drop-down menu, then click Filing Cabinet.
- If using AOL 9.5, or AOL 9.1 or any version of AOL 9.0 software, on the AOL toolbar, click the Read icon, then click the Manage Mail or Mail Folders tab.
2. In the folders list, click the folder that contains the email you wish to delete.
3. Double-click the mail you wish to delete, then click the Delete button.
4. Click the Yes or OK button.
5. Click the X button in the upper right to close the Filing Cabinet or Mailbox window.