WebUtil is a standalone utility designed to help correct connectivity and browser issues. It is compatible with Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000, Me and 98. WebUtil supports AOL Desktop 6.0 and higher versions of the AOL Desktop Software using both dial-up and broadband connections. WebUtil restores system settings and helps fix issues with webpages, the internet and the AOL Desktop Software. Please exit all AOL applications before running this program.
Note: If the operating system on your computer is Windows 98 or Me, you may be prompted for the Windows CD to rebuild some of the necessary files. Please have the Windows CD ready prior to starting these steps.
Depending on the version of AOL Connectivity Service (ACS) that you are using, click the appropriate link given below for instructions on how to run this program.
1. Open AOL Sytem Information.
- If you are using Windows 8, on the Windows taskbar, right-click the AOL icon, and then click System Information. If prompted by the User Account Control, click Yes.
- If you are using Windows 7 or Vista, click Start. In the Search box, type "system." Ensure that AOL System Information is highlighted, and then press the Enter key on your keyboard. If prompted by the User Account Control window, click Yes or Continue. The AOL System Information 2.0 window appears, displaying the details of your computer.
Note: If no window appears, check the Windows taskbar for a flashing tab. If a flashing tab is displayed on the Windows taskbar, click the flashing tab. The User Account Control window will now appear. Click Yes. Now, the AOL System Information window will appear.
- If you are using Windows XP, Me, 2000 or 98, click Start and select Run. In the Run window, type "sinf" and then click OK.
Note: You can open AOL System Information 2.0 alternatively through Windows System Tray.
3. Click the Utilities tab.
4. Under Network, next to WebUtil, click Open.
5. Click Yes or OK for the new settings to take effect.
6. Click X to close all open windows.
2. The File Download window will appear. Click Run.
3. Click Run again to conduct a system check.
4. Click OK. You will not see any changes on your computer screen. Close all open applications, and then start the AOL Desktop Software.
5. Click X to close all open windows.