Hello! There’s been an important update recently for AOL Desktop.
In order to take advantage of the new mail security updates we’ve made on our end, you should update your AOL Desktop software to the latest version. To resolve this issue, we have released a new version of AOL Desktop v10.1. Please click the Download Now button in the message that you receive when you sign on to AOL Desktop v10.1 or go to http://daol.aol.com/software/desktop to install the latest version of the AOL Desktop v10.1 software.
Why should I upgrade my software?
An ongoing enhancement to our mail infrastructure may affect your ability to sign on to or access emails on older versions of AOL Desktop v10.1. You may encounter the following issues if you don't upgrade your AOL Desktop v10.1 software to the latest version:
- You may receive error messages while signing on or attempting to access emails
- Copies of sent emails may not get automatically saved in your Sent folder
- You may not be able to forward emails containing attachments
- You can only upload attachments up to 25MB
- There could be issues with the message status
- Deleted messages may not appear in your Recently Deleted folder
- New/Old mail folders might display in a single Inbox folder
Note: The AOL Desktop v10.1 versions 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 are compatible with the enhancements made to our systems. If you have any one of these versions, you don't have to upgrade your software. If not, please go to http://daol.aol.com/software/desktop to upgrade your software.
How do I know whether I have the latest version of AOL Desktop v10.1?
Below you’ll find instructions on how to find out your version of AOL Desktop v10.1. If you already have the latest version, you don’t need to upgrade.
1. Launch the AOL Desktop v10.1 software.
2. Click the Help menu, and then click About AOL. The latest version of AOL Desktop v10.1 is 22.214.171.124.
3. Close the About AOL window.