You can have multiple AOL accounts installed on one computer. To do so, you will need to install a new version of the AOL Desktop Software for each additional account you wish to access; however, Usernames on the same account do not need separate installations of the AOL Desktop Software.
It is recommended that you exit all software applications that are running, including shareware and freeware, before you install the AOL Desktop Software to avoid any program conflicts that could affect the installation.
Note: If you are using Microsoft Windows Vista, XP or 2000, you will need to login to the computer as a user with administrator privileges in order to be able to install AOL Desktop.
To install an additional copy of the AOL Desktop Software:
1. Start the AOL setup program.
- If you have an AOL CD, insert it into your CD drive. The installation program should start automatically.
Note: The AOL CD automatically checks if your system meets the minimum requirements for installing any AOL Desktop Software. Based on the results, the software that best matches your computer's performance is chosen. In most cases, this is the most recent version of the AOL Desktop Software on the CD.
- You can download the software from daol.aol.com/software. Click Download now to download the desired software. The installation program should start automatically.
2. Click the Current Member click here button to see the following install options:
- Upgrading to a new version of AOL on this computer: Installs a new copy of AOL on your computer and will transfer your stored email, downloaded file information, and preferences to the new copy.
- Adding your existing account to this computer: Installs a new copy of AOL on your computer. It does not transfer any information from other copies of AOL on the computer.
- Creating an additional AOL account on this computer: Installs a new copy of AOL on your computer. It does not transfer any information from other copies of AOL on the computer.
3. Choose the Creating an additional AOL account on this computer option by clicking it, then click the Next click here button.
4. On the Select Destination Directory screen, click the Next click here button to install in the default location.
5. Follow the on-screen directions to complete the installation.