Note: Upgrade to the latest version of the AOL Desktop software to take advantage of great new features!
AOL periodically releases updates for the AOL Desktop software to ensure you continue having the best online experience possible. These updates help your software maintain optimal performance and keep you secure when you're online.
Note: Knowing what version of the AOL Desktop software you have and what updates you have installed are important if you need to run a Quick Restore.
So, how do you know if you have the latest AOL Desktop software updates? Read below for instructions on how to find out and for instructions on how to update if you're out of date.
1. Launch your AOL Desktop software.
2. From the menu bar, click Help and select About AOL.
3. Check your Revision number shown in the About AOL window and compare it to one of the numbers given in the table below for your version of the AOL Desktop software.
|AOL Desktop Software||Latest Revision Numbers|
|AOL Desktop 9.7||4343.2046 & 4343.2045|
|AOL 9.0 VR||4327.271|
4. If the numbers match, you have the latest update. If they don't match, please take the time to install the latest AOL Desktop software updates.
5. Click OK to close the About AOL window.
1. Sign in to AOL Desktop and then sign off. This process causes the AOL Desktop software to check for updates.
2. If you are using an older version of the AOL Desktop software, you will be presented with the AOL Software Update message to install an AOL Desktop software update.
3. Click Yes, Install Now to begin the download and installation of the update. The update process will begin.
Note: If you are using AOL 9.0 Security Edition or earlier, updates will be automatically downloaded and installed when you sign off from the AOL Desktop software.
4. After the update is installed, launch the AOL Desktop software and check whether your Revision number matches a number listed in the above table. If it still does not match, please repeat this entire process.
IMPORTANT: You will be required to install Tools on Demand (TOD) updates when you run Quick Restore on your AOL Desktop software or install a fresh copy of the AOL Desktop software on your computer.