If your personalized icons are missing from the AOL Toolbar Carousel, we can restore them if you have files from an older version of the AOL Software on your computer.
Unfortunately, new users who’ve never downloaded the AOL Software in the past won’t be able to restore their personalized icons. To learn more about the AOL Toolbar, please visit our help article About the AOL Toolbar in the AOL Software.
To restore your personalized AOL Toolbar icons:
1. Close the AOL Software.
2. Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then move your pointer over AOL and click AOL System Information.
3. On the left column, under System Info, click AOL Software. Then move your pointer to the right side of the window and click Open Data Folder.
4. Click on an older copy of the AOL folder (i.e. Folder of a previous version of the AOL Software)
5. Double-click the idb folder.
6. While holding down the Ctrl key on your keyboard, click both the toolbar.ind and toolbar.lst files. Still holding down on the Ctrl key, press the right-click button on your mouse and click Copy.
Note: If there are multiple Usernames associated with the older version of the AOL Software, the files will be located in the folder with your Username.
7. In the left column, navigate to your current version of the AOL Software and click the folder.
8. Double-click the idb folder.
9. Press the right-click button on your mouse and click Paste.
Note: If there are multiple Usernames associated with the current version of the AOL Software, paste the files in the folder with your Username.
10. Close the Open Data Folder window and the AOL System Information window by clicking the X in the top right corner.
That’s it! The next time you sign in to the AOL Software, you’re personalized icons will be waiting for you in the AOL Toolbar Carousel.