- Download AOL Desktop Software online: This method (shown below) is best when you have internet connection on the computer on which you want to install the AOL Desktop Software.
- Burn your own AOL CD: You can use this method if you don't have internet connection on the computer on which you want to install the AOL Desktop Software, but have access to another computer that has internet connection.
- Download using installation file aolback.exe: You can use this method if you had earlier installed the AOL Desktop Software using a CD on the computer on which you now want to install AOL Desktop.
To download AOL Desktop Software from the internet:
1. Go to daol.aol.com/software.
2. Click on the image tile named AOL Desktop for Windows.
3. Click Download for FREE.
4. Click Run.
5. Click Run again.
6. Click I Agree, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.