Note: Upgrade to the latest version of the AOL Desktop software to take advantage of great new features!
You can set the AOL Desktop Software or another program as the default for webpage browsing, email, and newsgroups. To do so, follow the simple instructions below to set AOL Desktop to be the default web browser or restore the default homepage if it has been changed on Internet Explorer.
Restore the AOL Desktop Software as the default web browser
To restore the AOL Desktop Software as the default web browser:
1. On the AOL toolbar, click the Settings icon.
2. Click the Settings A-Z tab.
3. Under the A category, click the AOL as Default link.
4. Click the OK button on the Association Settings window.
Restore your default homepage
If your default homepage has changed, you can restore it in the Internet Options control panel.
To restore your default homepage:
1. On your computer desktop, double-click the Internet Explorer icon.
2. Click the Tools menu, then click Internet Options.
3. Click the General tab.
4. In the Address: box, enter the web address which you wish to keep as your default homepage, then click the OK button.