The AOL Process Shut Down utility is a program that terminates all AOL applications currently running on your computer. To run this program, follow the steps below.
1. Open AOL System Information.
- If you are using Windows 8, on the Windows taskbar, right-click the AOL icon, and then click System Information. If prompted by the User Account Control, click Yes.
- If you are using Windows 7 or Vista, click Start. In the Search box, type system, and then click AOL System Information. If prompted by the User Account Control window, click Yes or Continue.
Note: If AOL System Information window does not appear, check the Windows taskbar for a flashing tab. If you see a flashing tab, click it. The User Account Control window appears. Click Yes. Now, the AOL System Information window will appear.
- If you are using Windows XP, Me, 2000 or 98, click Start and select Run. In the Run window, type "sinf," and then click OK.
2. Click the Utilities tab.
3. Next to AOL Process Shut Down, click Start.
4. Click OK to start the AOL Process Shut Down utility.
5. Tap any key on your keyboard. The AOL Process Shutdown utility will close AOL System Information.