A blue question mark (?) may be displayed instead of pictures in your emails on AOL Desktop for Mac. You might encounter this problem if you recently upgraded to Safari 4.
AOL is aware of this problem. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We appreciate your patience while we work on resolving these issues, and strive to provide you a great online experience. The following solution is a known workaround for this issue. Please try this solution until we fix this issue.
Edit email preferences
To edit your email preferences:
1. Launch the AOL Desktop for Mac software and sign in. Click the AOL Desktop v10.1 menu, and then click Preferences.
2. Uncheck the Notify me before opening new mail with pictures box.
3. Click the red dot in the upper left to close all open windows.
Important: If the problem still persists, ensure that the Notify me before opening new mail with pictures box is unchecked, and then follow the instructions given below:
1. Click the AOL Desktop v10.1 menu, and then click Quit AOL Desktop v10.1.
2. Click the Go menu, and then click Applications.
3. Launch the AOL Desktop v10.1 software.