Sharing is caring, and if you care to share certain webpages you find exciting, funny, bizarre, you name it, you can use the Share button to send these pages to all your buddies.
- What is a Share button?
- Why should I use the Share button?
- What can I share using the Share button?
- How do I share a webpage?
- How do I bookmark a webpage?
- Is a spam mail sent out when I share a webpage using the Share button?
The Share button is a social bookmarking and sharing tool brought to you by AddThis. It lets you instantly share a webpage with one click.
When you find something that’s interesting or important, you can share it with others using the Share button. You can use the Share button to publish the page to your website, social networking site (such as Lifestream, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn and Twitter) or blog (such as Blogger, WordPress.com, TypePad and Tumblr). When you use the Share button you can email content without signing into your email account and save the webpage to your favorites in Internet Explorer.
You can use the AddThis or Share button to share with your friends websites, blogs, email newsletters, MySpace profiles, Microsoft Office Live Workspaces and even embedded content, such as videos.
You can share a webpage using email, some popular networking sites (e.g., Lifestream and Facebook), social bookmarking sites and more. If you’d like to share the webpage using a social networking/bookmarking site, make sure that you are signed on to the website and follow the instructions below.
1. On the webpage you would like to share, click the Share, + button or icon of the social networking service you plan to use.
2. If you’re not signed into the social network you plan to share on, you will be prompted to sign in. Sign in to your network.
3. You may be prompted to write a message accompanying your shared webpage. If you like, write a message and then click Share.
Note: If you're using Facebook, you can either post the link to your Profile or send it as an email to your friends.
- If Post to Profile is listed at the top of the Share message, the webpage is displayed on your Facebook Profile page for your friends to view.
- If Send a Message is listed at the top of the Share message, the webpage is sent out as a link via email to recipients of your choice.
To bookmark the webpage in Internet Explorer:
1. Click the Share button on the webpage you would like to share.
2. In the Bookmark & Share window, scroll down to Favorites and click it.
3. In the Add a Favorite window, rename the webpage you wish to save, and then click Add.
No. When you share a webpage, it's displayed on your bookmarking/social networking site. AddThis does not automatically send emails to contacts in your address book.