Welcome to AIM 7 for Windows! AIM is an online communication service that lets you talk with friends, family, or coworkers in real time. We’re here to help you find what you’re looking for. Click a heading below to expand your question.
What features can I find in AIM 7.5?
- Instant messaging (IM)
- Voice and Video Chat
- Group chat
- File transfers for pictures and documents
- Facebook and Google chat
Who can use the AIM service?
AIM can be used by anyone (at least 13 years old) with a computer and internet connection.
What is the cost of the AIM service?
AIM is completely free!
How do I install AIM?
To download and install AIM, visit www.aim.com, click DOWNLOAD AIM, and follow the installation instructions.
What are the minimum system requirements for AIM?
Please ensure that your computer meets the system requirements mentioned below before you install the latest version of AIM. If you install AIM on a computer that doesn't meet the system requirements, you may experience problems with AIM or your computer.
- Pentium III-equivalent processor or better
- 128 MB of RAM (256 MB of RAM recommended for Enhanced IM features)
- 20 MB of free hard drive space
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- 800x600 minimum screen resolution, 1024x768 recommended
- Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP, or 2000 (Windows XP or later required for Video Chat)
- Dial-up, LAN, or broadband connection
Note: Voice/Talk features require a compatible sound card, microphone and speakers. Video Chat requires a compatible sound card, microphone, speakers and webcam. To view expressions and IM history, Adobe Flash Player is required.
Can I access AIM without downloading anything?
Yes! To access AIM through your web browser, just visit aim.com and sign in. The AIM web app is free and allows you to access AIM from any capable computer with an internet connection. For more information, please see our AIM.com help section.
How do I know which version of AIM I have?
To find out the version of AIM you are using follow the steps below.
- Click Menu or Options (depending on the version) from your Buddy List window.
- Select Help or Help & Feedback (depending on the version).
- Click About AIM. The About AIM window will provide you with the answer.
Where can I provide feedback for AIM?
We love hearing from you! Your feedback helps us improve AIM.
Here's how to share your ideas with us:
- On the Buddy List window, click Options or Menu (depending on which version of AIM 7 you're using).
- Select Help & Feedback, and then click Feedback.
- In the Tell us What You Think box, enter your feedback and email address, and then click Submit.