Use the instructions below to manage your AIM 8 Username and Password. Click an FAQ below to expand for more details.
How do I get a new username?
To sign up for a new AIM username, please follow the instructions below:
- Visit aim.com.
- Click Sign up.
- On the Let's create your account screen, enter your email address, create a password, and then confirm it. In addition, enter your date of birth.
- Once your information has been entered, click Sign Up.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you used to sign up. Open this email and click Activate my new AOL account now.
- A new browser window will open asking you to log in with your email address and password. Once you confirm, you'll have a brand new AOL/AIM account.
- If you want to customize your settings, continue with the instructions presented within your browser window.
- To sign in with AIM, just open AIM on your computer and use the email address and password you signed up with. Once you're logged in, you'll be all set to start chatting!
How do I change my AIM 8 Password?
To reset your AIM password, please follow the instructions below:
- Open AIM.
- Above the Password field, click Forgotten it?
- A Reset Password screen will appear. Enter your Username or Email, answer the CAPTCHA by typing the scrambled words presented in the Your Answer field, and then click Next.
- Verify your account using the options available. The options presented here may change depending on how your account is configured. The easiest method uses your secondary email. An email will be issued to the secondary email address we have on file. Simply log in to your secondary email account and follow the instructions contained in the email to reset your password.