As of December 15, 2017, AOL Instant Messenger products and services have been shut down and no longer work. If you're an AOL member, AOL products and services like AOL Mail, AOL Desktop Gold and Member Subscriptions were not affected. To view your benefits, please visit mybenefits.aol.com.
Why did AIM shut down?
We know there are so many loyal fans who have used AIM for decades, and we loved working and building the first chat app of its kind since 1997. Our focus will always be on providing the kind of innovative experiences consumers want. We’re more excited than ever to focus on building the next generation of iconic brands and life-changing products.
What product has replaced AIM?
There isn't currently a replacement product available for AIM. As we move forward, all of us at AOL (now Oath) are excited to continue bringing you new, iconic products and experiences.
What happened to my @aim.com email address?
You are still able to use your @aim.com email address to send and receive email as usual. You can login to mail.aol.com to access your email account.
What features were impacted?
All AIM features in AOL Mail are unavailable. These features are:
- AIM chat
- Contacts screenname field and AIM column in the list view
- Contacts avatar icons
- Sent emails Chat and Text options when clicking on the recipient
- Mail Settings:
- Compose option to "Show AIM presence icon in signature"
- Filters and Alerts ability to send an alert to AIM or mobile phone
- Calendar Settings Default Reminders AIM and Text options, and another link AIM mobile setup
- AIM tab
What happened to my data?
Your data associated with AIM has been deleted as of December 15, 2017.
Where can I view my saved images and files?
If you saved your images and files prior to December 15, 2017, you will need to locate them on your computer where you designated them to be saved.
Where can I view my saved chat history?
If you saved your chat history prior to the AIM shutdown on December 15, 2017, follow the steps below to view your saved versions of AIM. In some cases this may depend on whether you previously disabled the option to save a copy of your chats on your computer or if you or your buddy selected the Go off the record option.
- AIM App (Android and iOS)
- AIM 8.0 and above (Windows)
- AIM for Mac
- Images and files are NOT saved with the chat logs.
- Your chat logs will not be saved for the contacts that you selected the 'Go off the record' option.
- Your chat logs were not saved for any contacts you selected the 'Go off record' option for.
- Click in the search box located in the bottom left corner of your screen, next to the Start button.
- Type AIM Logs and press the Enter key on your keyboard once the results are displayed.
- The AIM Logs folder opens up. Double click on the folder with your screenname.
- Here you’ll see a file for each of the screennames or groups on your Buddy List with a saved conversation. Double click on the one you want to open to view the log of your conversation. The files will continue to be available here until you delete them.
- Click on the spotlight icon on the menu bar in the top right corner of your desktop.
- Type AIM Logs in the search bar of the window that appears.
- Double click on the folder called AIM Logs.
- Double click on the folder with your screenname.
- Here you’ll see a file for each of the screennames on your Buddy List with a saved conversation. Double click on the one you want to open to view the log of your conversation. The files will continue to be available here until you delete them.